- Date: 10-11 November 2017
- Submission deadline for abstracts: 30 September 2017 (in English or German)
- Contact: Zsolt Ződi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Languages: Hungarian, English, German
- Venue: Centre for Social Sciences, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest
Felix Somló’s Juristische Grundlehre was published 100 years ago by Felix Meiner Verlag, Leipzig. The question is, as one of the reviewers of a recent book on Somló put it: Does Somló belong entirely to the past or is there a possibility for a 21st century dialogue with his work? The organisers of the conference believe that it is possible to start a dialogue with the Grundlehre, and this conference could be a good starting point for this dialogue.
Preferred topics for discussion:
- Juristische Grundlehre in the context of the legal philosophies of its age
- The picture of legal science in Juristische Grundlehre and the main concepts within Grundlhere
- The impact of Juristische Grundlehre
Keynote speakers will be asked separately and will be announced later. Please send the 200 word abstracts of the papers in English or German. Presentations should be no longer than 20 minutes, followed by a 10 minute discussion. Should there be more than 10 applications, sessions will also be held on 11 November.
Find further details here.